I mentioned in a previous blog that I would give a "book report" about Same Kind of Different As Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore when I finished it. I won't bore you with a long opinion/summary, because a) you won't read it, and b) I don't feel like trying to sound eloquent and intelligent right now... Barbara Bush and I have the exact same opinion on this book, and she worded it quite nicely..."Denver Moore and Ron Hall's story is one that moved me to tears. The friendship that forms between these two men at a time when both were in great need is an inspiration to all of us to be more compassionate to everyone we come in contact with. This is truly a wonderful book!"
-Mrs. Barbara Bush
Here is a section from the book that was particularly moving...
"....After I met Miss Debbie and Mr. Ron, I worried that I was so different from them that that we wadn't ever gon' have no kind a future. But I found out everybody's different- the same kind of different as me. We're all just regular folks walkin down the road God done set in front of us. The truth about it is, whether we is rich or poor or somethin in between, this earth ain't no final restin place. So in a way, we is all homeless- just workin our way toward our home."
-Denver Moore
On Saturday, I am headed to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina with some girlfriends and have bought two books to read on the trip. I'm really excited about both of them...
Still Alice by Lisa Genova

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

I will let you know if they are any good! :) (I better enjoy these books now, because in a few weeks my literature selections will consist of Berenstain Bears and Arthur....)
No comments:
Post a Comment