Friday, October 16, 2009

Under the Weather...

This is what my nightstand looks like today...
Today was supposed to be my last day in my first grade class, but I have Type A flu (doctor said it's probably Swine Flu)... Is this for real? ha! Let's just say I freaked out about it and shed a few irrational tears... typical. I think for the sake of all the people out there with this flu, the media needs to chill out and stop scaring people. I am so bummed I am missing a field trip and my last day with my kids, but I am going to say bye to them on Monday (assuming I'll be well). Being sick for just a few days makes me really appreciate good health. We really all take our health for granted and there are people out there, with horrible diseases, who feel miserable everyday. I will take time this sick day to count my blessings.

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24

On a lighter note, here is a joke one of my kids told me last week:
What do you get when you mix a pig and a cannon?
Swine flew!

1 comment: