Sometimes when I am decorating and shopping for my classroom, I have to remind myself that it is NOT a child's bedroom, haha! I get a little bit carried away with trying to make it extra cute. Rather than having a classroom theme, I am just decorating with bright colors- red, green, orange, yellow, and blue. My parents have so graciously donated their old couch for my classroom. I think it was a good excuse for my mom to buy some new furniture for their home. :) I want to find a red slip cover to put over the couch. I also just purchased a really fun lamp and lamp shade from Target that I LOVE. (The lamp shade is pictured below.) Won't it be perfect by the couch? I can't wait to see my cute and cozy little reading area all come together!
I am so happy it is July… Time to get serious about classroom decorating, lesson planning, and back-to-school prep for this teacher! :)

you are doing great--can't wait to see how it all turns out!
ReplyDeleteYou are so cute... this veteran teacher is hoping summer vacation stretches as long as possible!!! Not even thinking about lesson plans... LOL
ReplyDeleteLindsey, I can't wait for your "after" shots of your classroom!!
ReplyDeleteI love that you are using bright colors! It seems like it would be very easy to switch pieces in and out!
ReplyDeleteHi Lindsey~~~sounds like you are on your way with your classroom. So happy for you and for your lucky students. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
ReplyDelete