Friday, July 16, 2010

Cooking Class

A few weeks ago my mom, aunt, and I took a pasta cooking class from a fabulous lady, Debra Hannah!  She has been a school teacher for many years… and has been a great resource to me in preparing my first classroom!  We not only made many wonderful pasta sauces and French bread, but we actually made our own noodles- fettuccine AND ravioli!  The class was 3 hours and it was full of lots of cooking (obviously), chatting, and eating…  3 very fun things!  Thought I would share with you some fun photos of the class…

My mom and me at the class

Mrs. Hannah and her sweet daughter, Claire

Noodle dough!

A great way to dry noodles!

Blue and yellow table setting- I am sucker for the blue and yellow combo, SO cute!

The whole crew eating all the delicious food! YUM!

Because I loved this recipe so much, I thought I would share this amazing pesto recipe with you…  It was the best pesto I have ever eaten- we put it on top of ravioli in the class.  It would also taste great on a pizza or a panini.
Pesto
4 cups basil leaves (not tightly packed, but "somewhat packed)
1/2 to 3/4 c. olive oil
1 c. parmesan cheese
4-5 cloves garlic
1/4 c. walnuts (or pine nuts)

Process in food processor fitted with a metal blade until desired consistency.

3 comments:

  1. oh i love those french blue plates--I'm a sucker for them too!

    yum---i have never attempted homemade pasta...very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey! It was so sweet of you to blog about the pasta class. I enjoyed meeting your mom and aunt, and wasn't it fun that Jean popped in to join us for lunch! Your pictures are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm looks delish! I bet y'all had so much fun! A chef from our test kitchen game me some noodles made from scratch and it was amazing! I bet y'all had such a wonderful meal!

    ReplyDelete