Friday, August 20, 2010

First Week!

Wow, this whole first year teacher thing is a pretty tough gig.  I have never worked so hard in my life.  That being said, even though it is a lot of work, I LOVE being around the kids all day.  Maybe I'm biased, but I am convinced I have the nicest group of fifth graders…  We'll see if I still think that in a few months, ha!


 I thought I would share two memorable moments from the past couple of days…

  • One of my students who lives on a farm (and is the cutest little farm boy ever) brought me fresh tomatoes and eggs from his family farm this morning…  and a KU football poster!  So sweet!  (He also brought his County Fair 4H award to show the kids yesterday.) 
  • A little girl in my class tried to set me up with her single dad...  I had them write journal entries about a good friend, and this little girl wrote a nice entry about her dad.  The last line of the paper said, "Oh!  Oh!  He's single too.  Just wanted to let you know that, Miss W!!!"  Too hilarious.
Glad it is Friday- time to relax!

5 comments:

  1. We just finished out first week too... and I am so tired and so hoarse! Can't wait to hear more stories. I'm sure you are great!

    Oh, and a good friend of mine met her husband through one of her students. He was the little girl's single uncle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your first week, Lindsey!! I know you are doing an AWESOME job!! You are going to LOVE being a teacher!! (I know I do!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah i love that little girl--she must love her daddy! glad everything is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha.. first week of school and you're already getting set up with single daddy's... so funny :) oh to be a little kid again! I bet those eggs and tomatoes were delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehe my sister in law just had her first week and I don't think she could have stayed awake until nine o'clock each night!!

    ReplyDelete