Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Oh Happy Day

Despite the fact that's it's a Tuesday (might be my least favorite day of the week) and it's drizzling and cold outside, I still have a few great reasons to smile today…
  • Last night Rob and I become members of a local Presbyterian church.  I grew up non-denominational Christian and Rob grew up Catholic, and we've been going to this church for over a year.  Neither of us get too caught up about denominations- we enjoy the messages, the mission, and the people, so this church seems like a good fit for us.  It was especially fun to do this as a couple and we are so excited to take the pre-marital classes there this spring!
  • I picked up the new Southern Weddings Magazine on the way to the gym last night.   (Sometimes when I'm really unmotivated to work out, I have to bribe myself with a new magazine.  Anyone else do this?!)  This is such a good wedding mag and I love their blog too!

  • One more warm and fuzzy left to go in The Warm and Fuzzy Jar in my classroom.  Let me explain…  Part of the positive behavior management system in my classroom is The Warm and Fuzzy Jar.  Whenever, as a whole, they exhibit positive behavior that gives me "the warm and fuzzies" they get a fuzzy in the jar, which is just a little fuzzy craft ball.  When the jar is full, they earn a class party- Needless to say, with the jar nearly full, they have been trying so hard to be really good.  (WOOHOO!)  I have a feeling I might hold off on giving them the last fuzzy until the end of the week- This is excellent bribery, ha! :)
  • Last, but not least, our engagement photos are on Friday!!!  Rob and I are both taking the day off work to head to my hometown for our pictures, and then spending the weekend with my parents!

4 comments:

  1. Our engagement pictures are this friday too:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to discuss the membership...I think I know where you go so I want to understand what being a "member" means. Trying to find a church home and I think I want to do there (and try to sneak H in to the preschool too.) Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have a blast with your engagement pictures, enjoy it because the time flies by! I need to hunt down that magazine...I like the blog, but love something about a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see your engagement photos!

    ReplyDelete