image via
Monday, March 7, 2011
Monday Mishap
Soooo, today I burnt a bag of popcorn in the microwave at school. Burnt might not be the correct word - more like seared, charred, or scorched. (Apparently the time I pop it at home is much too long for the microwave in the teacher's lounge.) Burning (searing, charring, scorching) popcorn, in of itself, is no big deal, BUT here's the kicker- Half of our school smelled like the worst, most intense burning smell of my life- like burn your eyes and give you a headache kind of smell. I (and I'm sure everyone else) smelt like a disgusting bonfire the rest of the day…. It was lovely. It was the talk of our school, let me tell ya. Even my kids smelt it in the lunch room and would not stop heckling me all during math- Apparently they have never burnt popcorn before?! Coincidentally, I had two burning incidents the week before at home- burnt pot roast and asparagus. I am trying to be domestic here, but maybe I should just revert back to Lean Cuisines… Well, if I can even handle that (microwave involved.) :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Been there done that and the smell never seems to go away! Yuck :(
ReplyDelete