Saturday, September 17, 2011

Thank goodness for...

  • Allergy medicine!!! (enough said)
  • A great class.  I'm having an awesome year so far.  They are enthusiastic, respectful, and very bright! (Example: One of my students cannot handle having the inside part of his desk (organization issues and easily distracted by stuff in his desk)  So, I decided to clear out his desk, organize the mess, and move his desk items to a shelf by my desk.  I let him know he will need to check out his items from the shelf with me when he needs them.  (Woah, mean teacher!)  While most kids would have been so angry with me, which he seemed to be at first, later on in the day, he came up to me, gave me a big hug and said, "Miss W, thanks for helping me get organized.")
  • The weekend.  Between school stuff, wedding planning, and a few J.Crew shifts here and there, I wear myself completely out all week!
  • Fall weather.  My favorite time of year!  I love that time when I can whip out my cords and drink Pumpkin Spice Lattes!

2 comments:

  1. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are the best!!! I am starting teaching high school this year after doing junior high the last two years - so I feel ya!

    Here's to a great year!
    Erin
    Erin's Lucky Stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy girl! sounds like you need one of those lattes!

    ReplyDelete