Thursday, December 29, 2011

House Portrait

Thankfully, I'm finally to the point in my life where I am able to get my family members "good" Christmas gifts.  You know what I'm talking about- In college, a candle for my mom and maybe a set of golfballs for my dad would be as far as my wallet could stretch.  I'm so happy I'm able to finally get gifts I'm excited about giving (and I LOVE giving gifts!)  This year, my two sisters and I chipped in and gave my mom one of my favorite gifts I've ever given!


My mom and I both follow Laura Trevey's blog, Bold Bright Beautiful, and we love love love her water color paintings.  (Click here to browse her Etsy shop.)  I sent Laura a picture of my parent's home they moved into last year and had her paint it.  They have a painting of their old home from a different artist, so I thought it'd be perfect to have one of their new house.  I was so pleased with the end result and my mom was thrilled and surprised!  Laura even blogged about it here.




After our wedding I think it would be so fun to have Laura paint a portrait of my bouquet or even my dress.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! And you MUST do your dress...they just sit in a box after the wedding so it would be a fun way to remember exactly what it looked like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a great idea! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, What a sweet surprise to see your photo of your Mom holding the painting. I am so happy that you both are pleased... Can't wait to paint something for YOU soon!!

    Happy New Year and good luck in 2012!!
    xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete