Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Chicken Dish

Who out there isn't always on the lookout for easy, healthy, delicious recipes with minimal and cheap ingredients?  I made a dish tonight that was all of those things!  I found this recipe from Gina's Skinny Recipes, which is a fabulous site with lots of recipe ideas!

Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce
Ingredients:
8 chicken tenderloins, 16 oz total
2 tsp butter
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup all purpose flour
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup white wine
1/3 cup fat free chicken broth
salt and fresh pepper to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley


Preheat oven to 200°.  Season chicken with salt and pepper.  Lightly coat in flour.
Heat a large skillet on medium heat.  Once the skillet is hot, add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil.  Add the chicken to the skillet and cook on medium heat for around 5 minutes on both sides (or until chicken is no longer pink.)  Then, put chicken in warm oven.


Add a little more oil and butter to the skillet, and then add the garlic and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, and also stir in a little salt and pepper.  This should take about 5 minutes.

Add wine, chicken broth, and parsley.  Stir occasionally.  Cook a few more minutes or until the liquid reduces by half.  Add in chicken, stir it all up, and now it's time to eat!



This was my final product…  AND it was wonderful!!!  I will definitely be making this one again and again!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Can't wait to try this. I am always looking for new ways to prepare chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! I'm a sucker for anything with mushrooms haha

    ReplyDelete