26 more school days until summer! From what I have gathered most teachers, including myself, at this time in the year start to feel emotionally and physically exhausted, and begin to fantasize about summer… Most of my summer fantasies involve…
Laying by the pool, reading books, and not hearing "Miss W" 200 times a day…
I'm also trying to decide if I want to take a grad course. The only dilemma is I'm not sure what I want my masters in- I have hours towards curriculum and teaching, but I am more interested in library science or being a reading specialist. I need to do some research and make a decision.
Okay, back to my summer fantasies- Let's start compiling my book list. I just finished listening to The Girl Who Played with Fire, which was decent, but not nearly as good as the first book in the series. I will listen to the third book in the series, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, on my commute, so I'll have that series finished up by summer. But, I'm also reading Bossypants by Tina Fey. (Very quick and fun! I'm really enjoying it!) A few books that have already made my summer list are the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, recommended by kids and adults alike. I also have not gotten around to reading Water For Elephants. What are some other "must reads" for summer?
This will be my Kindle and me at the pool this summer… ;)
I second the summer fantasizing by teachers around this time of year. It's hard to get that last push of energy to make it through until summer, especially when the kids are going crazy.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with taking a grad course! I think taking courses in reading instruction sounds pretty interesting too. I'm sure you'll do great in whatever you decide.
That's exciting about a grad course! I would love to be a reading specialist too, but I'll likely go into school counseling.
ReplyDeleteI know you don't teach middle or high schoolers, but the popular young adult series Hunger Games is going to be turned into a movie very soon and is an exciting easy read! Also, The Help is being turned into a movie and coming out in August if you haven't already read it
Oh gosh I just realized you mentioned Hunger Games in your post! haha great minds think alike!
ReplyDelete