Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Salad

I mentioned a few posts back that I am a fan of colorful salads.  When visiting my sister in North Carolina, she taught me a great new salad recipe that I have made several times.
All you need is…

  • baby romaine lettuce
  • fresh raspberries (so obsessed with raspberries this summer!)
  • gorgonzola cheese
  • balsamic vinegar
  • olive oil
  • dijon mustard

  • Toss the lettuce, raspberries, and gorgonzola cheese in a bowl.
  • Dressing: In a small bowl pour a little balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and dijon mustard.  (I don't know the exact measurements for each- I just pour a bit at a time and judge it to taste.  Be sure to only do a little dijon mustard at a time, it can be a very overpowering flavor!)
  • Drizzle dressing over salad and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. This salad looks so good, I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Thanks for sharing... summer salads are my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! I love fresh fruits and veggies in the summer!

    ReplyDelete