Although we are a week and a half into 2010, I have accidentally thought of some good New Year's resolutions… I just started to think of things I wanted to change about my life lately and I guess at this time of year, you call these changes resolutions!
1. Work out at least 4 times a week (can't set my goals too high, ha).
2. Make more time for my girlfriends. Sometimes at the end of a long week of teaching, I am so tired and just want to stay in, but I need to make an effort to be more social this semester. (I had so much fun with the girls this Saturday- we went to our friend's concert- pic below).
3. Start using my Garmin less. I use my Garmin for places that I go to all the time and don't pay attention and just use the machine- I need to start learning where places are and become less dependent on it.
4. Make attending church on Sundays less of an option and more of a priority. I don't want to attend church when it fits into my schedule- I want to work my schedule around it. I need to make my faith a bigger part of my life.
5. Be in bed by 10 on school nights, so I have the energy I need for the kids the next day! There were several times last semester where I didn't get to bed until late, and it negatively influenced my teaching and attitude, in general.
6. Budget! I am currently in the process of creating a budget. I sometimes need a reality check that I am only 23 and need to start SAVING.
7. This one is kind of silly, but limit myself to one diet pop a day, and drink more water!
Those are just a few things I want to change/improve upon this year. Now, I need to get productive- Today is my last day of break and I have quite the to-do list. Happy Monday!
What a great list! Love #4 and #6 especially. If you have both of these in order (and faith and finances CAN go hand in hand!), the rest of your life with fall into place. Also, cut up your credit cards NOW!!! When I graduated from college, I had quite a few and they took over. My family lives quite comfortably, financially, and we do not use them at all - even for emergencies. Take a look at DaveRamsey.com. He is a Christian financial guru!
ReplyDeleteSo much for my sermon/lecture! You are just so cute and I think of myself when I was your age!
Happy Tuesday!
Those are great goals... very easily attained!
ReplyDelete